Yummy Treat recipes for your Dog!
Encouragement and compliment are two important things for building the morale of a living being, be it a human or a dog. In the case of dogs, treats serve this purpose. (Dog Treat Recipe)
|Product Image||Product Description||Ratings||Buy Now
|Easy Homemade Dog Treat Recipes|
|Home Cooking for Your Dog|
|Home Cooking for Your Dog|
These can be given during dog training when your dog behaves according to you, or simply to reward and spoil your dog.
The thing that must be taken care of is that the treats should contain low calories.
Natural dog treats recipe
Many veterinarians suggest that commercial dog treats are no longer a bad option in comparison to homemade ones as they are well optimized to dog needs.(Dog Treat Recipe)
Healthy dog treats recipes
Although, there are mixed opinions to this. Several brands are available in the market that is manufacturing healthy dog treats which contain natural and organic ingredients.(Dog Treat Recipe)
Best dog treat recipes idea
There are many natural and homemade dog treats recipe ideas too on the internet. Make them yourself so that you don’t have to worry about any wrong ingredient present in the food for your furry four-legged friend. (Dog Treat Recipe)
Vegetarian dog treats recipes
They can be a huge money saver for those who always get treats from the market. Here is a simple recipe you can try at home. Combine the leftovers from last day to make a wonderful trail mix. (Dog Treat Recipe)
- Pieces of Meat
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Cut the ingredients into ½ inch thick pieces.
- Use cooking spray to spray them lightly.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius and place the pieces until dried. (Dog Treat Recipe)
Homemade Dog Treats recipes
If you wish to make only vegetarian treats, here is a healthy and easy to cook dog biscuits recipe for you.
- Cooking Oil
- Peanut Butter
- Filtered Water
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Grease a cookie sheet and mash the dough onto the sheet.
- Before baking, slice them or make them bone shaped using the cutter.
- Bake them for about 20 minutes at 350 degree Celsius.
- Let it cool, then break and serve. (Dog Treat Recipe)
Peanut butter serves as a wonderful source of proteins as well as vitamins B and E. Most dogs love the smell and taste and are found hovering around the kitchen whenever a bottle of peanut butter opens up. (Dog Treat Recipe)
Homemade peanut butter dog treats recipes
Here is a simple recipe for yummy peanut butter yoghurt –
- Vanilla Yogurt
- Peanut Butter
- Put the peanut butter in the microwave to melt it.
- Combine it with vanilla yogurt.
- Pour the mixture into small containers.
- Place it in the freezer. (Dog Treat Recipe)
Pumpkin dog treats recipes
Pumpkins are great low fat treats which may help dogs lose weight without feeling them hungry as they are rich in fiber.
It has high fibre and water content, which is good for correcting and preventing constipation in dogs. This healthy pumpkin ball snack is a delicious treat filled with fibre, vitamin A, beta-carotene, potassium, and iron. (Dog Treat Recipe)
- Canned pumpkin
- Vegetable oil
- Whole wheat flour
- Baking soda and baking powder. (Dog Treat Recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Celsius.
- Mix half cup canned pumpkin, 4 tbsp. molasses, 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, and 4 tbsp. water together.
- Now add 2 cups of whole wheat flour, 1/4th baking soda, and 1/4th tsp. baking powder to the mixture.
- Stir till the dough softens.
- Take out small amounts of dough and roll into balls or rolls on your hands.
- Put the balls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet and flatten with a fork.
- Set them into the oven and bake for about 25 minutes. (Dog Treat Recipe)
Grain Free Sweet Potato Dog Treats
Sweet potatoes are extremely rich in antioxidants as well as contain various vitamins and minerals. They are rich in dietary fibre and hence good for digestion.
6 ingredient dog treats recipe
- Almond meal
- Coconut flour
- Poultry seasoning
- Sweet potato
- Bone-shaped cookie cutters
- Coconut oil (Dog Treat Recipe)
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
- Take two baking trays and use coconut oil to grease them.
- Mix11/2 cups of almond meal, ½ cup coconut flour, and 2 tbsp. poultry seasoning in a bowl.
- Add 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato and 1/4 cup of water and stir it till uniform.
- Ensure that the mixture is thick and dry.(Dog Treat Recipe)
- Divide dough into two parts and roll out each part using your hands to a 1/4 inch thick.
- Make use of cookie cutters to give the desired shape and place them on trays.
- Bake them for 50 minutes in the oven.
- Let them cool in the closed oven.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on the tray for at least 1 hour.
Some recipes may take time to cook while others not so much. Here is 3 ingredient recipe that won’t require much of your effort but will be loved by your dog.
Apple Cinnamon Treats recipes
- 1 cup Oatmeal
- ½ cup Cinnamon Apple Sauce
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the cup of oatmeal in a bowl and mix with Applesauce. Now add the egg and mix again.
- Use a cookie sheet and grease it with oil. Scoop the mix into the molds or create big drop cookies using a tablespoon.
- Place the tray in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Allow it to cool. Ready to serve. (Dog Treat Recipe)
Can dogs eat oatmeal?
Many food manufacturers use oatmeal as a key ingredient for dog food. It is a good source of carbohydrates and also linoleic acid which is necessary for healthy skin.
It also regulates blood glucose levels and gastrointestinal problems in dogs, being rich in soluble fibre. (Dog Treat Recipe)
What is a good recipe for dog treats?
However, oatmeal should be fed in moderation only. Some believe that excess fibre can cause problems like diarrhoea and vomiting.
Also, it is better served cooked as it is hard to digest in its raw form. Avoid any additives as they can prove toxic for your dog. (Dog Treat Recipe)
There is no limit to how much you can innovate in your kitchen using some simple ingredients. Dogs love treats. The recipes mentioned above are all created and tested by many proud dog owners. Enjoy the above recipes with your dog. Eat healthily, Stay healthy!