Good nutrition is important for the dogs for their physical as well as mental health. However, dogs of different breeds, ages, and sizes have different homemade dog food requirements and hence feeding the right food in the right amounts is important.
Whole food diet Healthy homemade dog food recipe
It is always advisable to consult your vet to understand what is best for your dog and follow what he recommends. (homemade dog food)
Dogs can be given a complete kibbled or ground diet. Or it can be mixed with some cooked or raw meat, fish, vegetables, and rice.
always avoid cooked bones and toxic substances like onion sauces that may be present on the surfaces. Cooked meat such as boiled chicken or beef is an option for dogs to eat.
There are several recipes that are available on the internet. Try making some of them and see whether your dog likes them or not. If not, go for something else. (homemade dog food)
My dogs love this food. They eat once a day, and I mix a can with their crunchy food and they INHALE it! A couple of cans came dented that I do not like (and I do not buy dented cans at the store) however, I am willing to overlook that pet peeve for the convenience of free shipping and delivery to my front door.
How to make Healthy homemade sled dog food recipe
Sled dogs are commercial dogs originally used to transport supplies by pulling a usually heavy sled. Husky, Chinook etc. come under this category.
Cheap Healthy homemade dog food recipe
These are generally large dogs that require a lot of protein, as well as antioxidants and vitamins to be able to work hard like the breed is intended to do.
Commercial dog foods have many disadvantages and are often found to contain toxic preservatives, and turned or moldy meat and grains. (Dog homemade food)
What is the best Healthy homemade dog food recipe?
These are some simple steps to ensure a healthy meal for you sled dog-
- Meat – Beef or Turkey, Chicken thighs and giblets
- Fresh Vegetables – Carrot, potato, spinach, broccoli
- Rice or Oatmeal
Healthy Homemade Dog Food recipes
- Saute or boil the meat. De-bone it and chop it up small. Then set it aside.
- Boil fresh vegetables until they become soft and edible. Avoid any use of corn or onions since these are not healthy for sled dog breeds. Mix them properly and try using different colors.
- Add the cooked rice to the meat and fold in the vegetables. Let it cool.
- One sardine or Pilchard should be added per day to a meal. This can also be replaced with a fish oil capsule or flax seed if required.(homemade dog food)
Importance of Pumpkin for dog’s homemade food
Pumpkins have a large number of benefits for the dogs. These are excellent for their digestive track.
Pumpkins are great low fat treats which may help dogs lose weight without feeling them hungry as they are rich in fibre.
High fibre Healthy homemade dog food recipe
It has high fibre and water content, which is good for correcting and preventing constipation in dogs. It also helps bulk up their stool.
Dog’s homemade food Pumpkin Feeding
Canned pumpkin is easily available in the market. It is just as packed with nutrients as a fresh pumpkin. Pumpkin is a puree which is easy to mix with dog food. You can also use fresh pumpkin, but it is important to first cook it properly.
Serve your dog the insides of a fresh roasted or pureed pumpkin.you can use Pumpkin can be directly used as a treat or even used as an ingredient while making dog treats. (homemade dog food)
Dog’s homemade food Pumpkin Pie recipe
Here is a Homemade Pumpkin Pie recipe that your dog will love.
- Plain pumpkin puree.
- Heat the oven to about 200 degree Celsius.
- Grind 1 cup of oats properly, then mix it with 1 egg and 1 tbsp of water.
- Your prepared oat mixture now needs to be pressed into the muffin tin. A pie crust is ready.
- Bake the homemade dog treats for ten minutes and allow them to cool.
- At last, fill the crusts with a dollop of pumpkin puree.
Feeding Dogs with Kidney Disease
Kidney disease is not so rare among dogs, especially in old ages. It is common to have to boost a dog’s diet when it is suffering from kidney problems.
you should always be kept in mind Some important things-
Wag Dry Dog Food, 35% Protein Best Values
- A dog with kidney disease needs to drink a lot of water.
- Any intake of salt should be completely stopped.
A diet in low phosphorus and sodium like rice and turkey meat are a good option.
Easy raw healthy homemade dog food recipes
- Meat – preferably Turkey
- Start with cooking the rice, for each cup of rice, you need two cups of water. By the time rice gets cooked, start working with the other ingredients.
- Clean the turkey meat thoroughly.
- Cut it into small pieces.
- After the first ten minutes of putting rice for cooking, add the turkey meat.
- Allow everything to cook.
- Drain the ingredients and allow it all to cool.
Hypo-Allergenic dog home-made Food
Dogs sometimes have food sensitivities, evidenced by chronic or recurring external ear infections or other health problems.
Frequent vomiting and hair loss observed in such cases. Feeding your dog a homemade, hypoallergenic diet is one way to address and resolve food sensitivity issues.
Healthy homemade dog food recipe for puppies
Such foods are very less likely to create an allergic response.
Some foods carry a high risk of causing reactions, while others don’t. Ingredients such as wheat gluten, corn, soy, and even been found in dog food which can be risky.
How to make hypoallergenic Healthy homemade food recipe
Diet – Dog’s diet must be consist of at least 50 per cent animal protein.
Hence, we always advised making meat the centerpiece.
Fruits, veggies, and starches like rice and potatoes can make up about a quarter of the diet. Finally, add healthy fats and oils to your dog’s diet.
Using oils with essential fatty acids not only offers extra nutrition but helps fight inflammation and improve skin condition–much needed for an itchy dog.