There are many people who refuse to Dog crate or kennel-train their dogs. They feel that confining their pet is cruel.
But we must understand our pets are our responsibility. Properly used, it is a very effective management system.
It can be a lifesaver for you and your pet. They help with house training, teaching your dog to settle and even prevent destructive behavior!
A dog trained properly will come to see its Dog crate as its home away from home. A private palace all its own! Dogs have a natural tendency to seek a den.
Provide your pet with the very best one!
The right Dog crate for your pet
You must consider three things for your Dog crate: the type, the size and the location where you will place it.
There are various materials ranging from plastic to plush fabric. It is up to you to find the one that suits your dog best!
It is important to note that bigger does not always mean better! If the crate you pick is too large, your pet may use a corner as a toilet.
It should be just large enough to stand up in, turn around and lie down comfortably inside of. Depending on the size you choose, you can place the crate in any spot of the house easy for you and your dog to access.
Now that you know how to pick a good Dog crate, here are some of the best, handpicked options just for you!
Top 5 best Dog Crate for happy living
Here you will find the top 5 best dog crate ever along with its description, pros-cons, and reviews.
1. Dog Crate Double-Door Folding Metal
This one comes to us from Paws & Pals, a respected name in the pet business. Their new model is geared to the modern consumer.
It provides a great deal of versatility. The Dog Crate comes with multiple doors and a divider. This allows you to expand and shorten the area within as you see fit.
Dog Crate Pros and Cons of Dog Crate Double-Door Folding Metal
- Installation is extremely easy. Not only that, the Dog crate can be folded and set aside when not in use.
- Cleaning the Dog crate is simple. The crate is 100% washable solid stainless steel.
- Hardwire material may be uncomfortable for your dog.
2. Precision Pet “Pro Value,” Double Door Dog Crate Pink
This stylish little number comes to us from the tried and tested Petmate brand. Their Precision line is designed a little more fashionable than our last crate, without sacrificing much utility.
The pink isn’t just cute, it’s practical! The electro pink is long lasting and rust resistant.
Pros and cons of Double Door Dog Crate Pink
- The floor has a removable slide-out plastic pan making cleanups a breeze. This ensures the beauty of the cage is never spoilt!
- The safety features are also outstanding! Safety latches, Hartco clips, and smoothly rounded corner prevent any chance of injury.
- The secret ingredient of this Dog crate, however, is its patented locking system. Petites 5-point locking system eliminates all gaps in the door, ensuring the safety and security of your pets!
- The hard material is less comfortable.
- Color can be a bit bright!
3. Amazon Basics Folding Soft Dog Crate for Crate-Trained Dogs
This is a Dog crate for the trained dog. The PVC frame and polyester fabric are extremely comfortable. They are also very lightweight and flexible, making transport and storage a non-issue.
However, an untrained dog may tear or soil the fabric. The pet crate is airy and well ventilated.
Mesh windows and mesh over the 2 doors keep the crate cool and the air flowing.
The convenient top door allows your dog to poke its head out. This allows it to satisfy its curiosity or take a breath of fresh air.
Pros and cons of Amazon Basics Folding Soft pet Crate
- The crate sets up in literally seconds. No tools are required. Just unfold and set down!
- The crate has convenient zippers and a fastening strap to roll the doors out of the way of the mesh
- This soft-sided pet crate is a treat for a well-trained pet. It provides a comfortable go-to spot for your pooch
- Plush material stains and can be harder to clean. Hence, recommended only for toilet trained dogs
4. North States Pet MYPET Petyard Passage
This is a more quirky option. This “Passage has no roof or floor. The enclosure comes with 4, 6 or 8 connecting modular panels.
These are infinitely configurable. The panels can enclose any area of your choice. This one features a lockable door made of strong, durable plastic.
It comes in a very attractive espresso brown finish. This enclosure fits any house’s decor.
Pros and cons of panel pet enclosure with lockable pet door
- The enclosure has a small swinging door. This is ideal to allow apt to enter in to and out of the area. It can also be securely locked, to keep your pets in
- The durable skid-resistant pads on the panels are easy on your floors. It also will not move or fall down under any circumstances
- The connecting panels can always be disconnected and packed up as individual panels for easy carrying. You can move the inclosure in or out of the house at any time
- We are proud to tell you this product is 100% made in the USA
- No roof or floor to form a proper den
5. Midwest Homes For Dog’s Crate Cover
This one is more of an essential accessory. The cover adds a cosy touch to any plain pet Crate. The cover comes with loop and hook tabs that hold the cover neatly in place.
This converts any old crate into a cosy den for your canine. The cover comes in 6 sizes to fit any Dog’s Crate.
This cosy atmosphere is great for a more nervous type of dog. They have been linked to reductions in anxious behaviour like barking and excessive chewing.
Dog kennel cover is made of a durable 100% polyester material. This material is machine washable and dryer safe.
Midwest’s covers have been tried and tested by leading veterinarians. The recommendations are glowing. 5 adjustable velcro flaps, in particular, are praised.
You can customize your dogs experience by moving flaps to let a little air or sun in. Otherwise, you can leave them closed and your pooch feeling safe and surrounded.
These covers have been shown to reduce separation anxiety.
Pros and cons of Midwest Homes For Pets Crate Cover
- Provides extra cover to any Dog’s Crate
- May get scratched or torn